Publicity and Articles
The Toucan Rescue Ranch has had the fortunate opportunity to host some of the internet’s most avid bloggers, photographers and publications. If you’re interested in viewing what other’s have experienced at the Ranch please review the links below:
- Tico Times | Sleep with Animals at Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Tap Root Travel | Breakfast with the Babies at the Toucan Rescue Ranch
- North to South | Toucan Rescue Ranch Review
- Samaritan Mag | Volunteer with Toucans and Sloths at Costa Rican Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Costa Rica Chica | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- An Emerald City Life | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- La Boruca | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- HLN | Wanna Adopt these Baby Toucans & Sloths? Us too!
- Adventures of Windarra | Toucan Rescue Ranch Day 2
- Thomson Blog | These Adorable Sloths Are Waiting For You In Costa Rica
- Orphaned Young Sloths Learn How to Climb with a Rocking Chair
- Insight Guides | Baby Sloth Orphans Rescued in Costa Rica
- BBC ONE, Nature | Saving the ‘wild pets’ of Costa Rica
- Leicester Mercury | ‘For our honeymoon we wanted to do something positive, rather than laze around on a beach’
- Round The World Magazine | Visiting the Toucan Rescue Ranch in Costa Rica
Are you a videographer and interested in filming some of Costa Rica’s most exoitic and beautiful animals? Toucan Rescue Ranch may be the place for you. The Ranch has had BBC One and National Geographic as well as other networks like HNL use footage or film of TRR’s wildlife. If you’re interested in filming with us please review the necessary documents to film at our rescue facility (you can access these documents by emailing email@example.com).
The Toucan Rescue Ranch has a monthly newsletter! If you want to stay in touch with the Ranch, the newsletter is the perfect way to do so. You can sign-up using the form below!
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep updated with the latest on TRR social media accounts! Social media is another great way to know what crowdfunding campaigns are happening. As well as new arrivals, releases, naming competitions, stories and much more!
My name is Anaid Fernández, I’m 22 and from Monterrey, Mexico. I’m a vet student finishing my last year at Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León. Since my first year I’ve always been interested and amazed by wildlife, an area of study that is not developed in my country. However, this did not stop me from […]
So, my name is Alice, I’m your average 26-year-old British girl. I’ve been working with animals for half a decade as a zoo presenter, zookeeper, and more recently (for nearly 2-years) working for an underpaid, underappreciated educational farm in North London. As I entered 2017, my thoughts turned to the hope of doing something more […]
Since Toucan Rescue Ranch’s humble beginnings our motto has always been: Rescue. Rehabilitate. Love. Liberate. An axiom that was truly felt on November 9. It was this day that we loaded eight sloths into a car and drove them to their new home – The Release Site. Accompanied by Founder Leslie Howle, Veterinarian Janet Sandi […]
Howdy! I am the Release Site Coordinator at Toucan Rescue Ranch’s Release Site located in Sarapiqui de Heredia, Costa Rica. I’m from Sandpoint, Idaho, a little town located in the Idaho Panhandle, nestled between the Selkirk and Cabinet mountain ranges, alongside Lake Pend Oreille, not far from the Canadian border. I’m happiest when I am […]
I happened upon Esmeralda in my first week at the Toucan Rescue Ranch (TRR). She was clumsy and uncoordinated- the kind of animal I’m normally drawn to- so I instantly felt connected to her. As time went on, I learned she had come from the illegal pet trade, but there wasn’t much else known about her history. […]
Age: ~ One year and nine months Place of Origin: Guapiles Current Weight: 2.5 kg Nicknames: Chai Picante, Nosferatu Special Talents: Adventuring, sleeping like a vampire Chai is the eldest of the high school kids (perhaps his size alone being the giveaway). The black coloration of his limbs and body and his habit of […]