Publicity and Articles
The Toucan Rescue Ranch has had the fortunate opportunity to host some of the internet’s most avid bloggers, photographers and publications. If you’re interested in viewing what other’s have experienced at the Ranch please review the links below:
- Tico Times | Sleep with Animals at Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Tap Root Travel | Breakfast with the Babies at the Toucan Rescue Ranch
- North to South | Toucan Rescue Ranch Review
- Samaritan Mag | Volunteer with Toucans and Sloths at Costa Rican Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Costa Rica Chica | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- An Emerald City Life | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- La Boruca | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- HLN | Wanna Adopt these Baby Toucans & Sloths? Us too!
- Adventures of Windarra | Toucan Rescue Ranch Day 2
- Thomson Blog | These Adorable Sloths Are Waiting For You In Costa Rica
- Orphaned Young Sloths Learn How to Climb with a Rocking Chair
- Insight Guides | Baby Sloth Orphans Rescued in Costa Rica
- BBC ONE, Nature | Saving the ‘wild pets’ of Costa Rica
- Leicester Mercury | ‘For our honeymoon we wanted to do something positive, rather than laze around on a beach’
- Round The World Magazine | Visiting the Toucan Rescue Ranch in Costa Rica
Are you a videographer and interested in filming some of Costa Rica’s most exoitic and beautiful animals? Toucan Rescue Ranch may be the place for you. The Ranch has had BBC One and National Geographic as well as other networks like HNL use footage or film of TRR’s wildlife. If you’re interested in filming with us please review the necessary documents to film at our rescue facility (you can access these documents by emailing email@example.com).
The Toucan Rescue Ranch has a monthly newsletter! If you want to stay in touch with the Ranch, the newsletter is the perfect way to do so. You can sign-up using the form below!
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep updated with the latest on TRR social media accounts! Social media is another great way to know what crowdfunding campaigns are happening. As well as new arrivals, releases, naming competitions, stories and much more!
Age: ~ One year and nine months Place of Origin: Guapiles Current Weight: 2.5 kg Nicknames: Chai Picante, Nosferatu Special Talents: Adventuring, sleeping like a vampire Chai is the eldest of the high school kids (perhaps his size alone being the giveaway). The black coloration of his limbs and body and his habit of […]
The Oncilla (Leopardus tigrinus) sometimes referred to as a tiger cat, is one of the smallest felid species in the Americas. Their coat is typically a light brown colour with dark brown/black splotches as such they are often mistaken for Margays or Ocelot although they are considerably smaller weighing on average 1.5 to 3 kg. […]
[In the picture above. Pablo, a volunteer, offers Izzy a customized paintbrush so she can become her very own Picasso.] The happiest animal is a free animal. The Toucan Rescue Ranch (TRR) and everyone that works here truly believe that. The goal of our organization is to keep animals free. The bulk of our animals […]
In my opinion, working at the Ranch is a big responsibility and also a big pleasure. Seeing an animal grow stronger each passing day and recuperate from a bad situation is definitely a calling. This is what happened with two of our residents, the collared aracari and the fiery billed aracari. The collared aracari that […]
Toffee, Female Two-Fingered Sloth Age: ~ 1-year, 9-months (slightly younger than Chai) Place of Origin: Cartago Current Weight: 1.4 kg Nicknames: Tito, Totoro Special Talents: Eating Level of Fluffiness: 10/10 Toffee is by far the fluffiest sloth at the ranch. One would imagine that she is the heaviest among the babies. It may appear […]
It’s difficult to not fear monkeys after being chased down by a group of macaque monkeys at the tender age of seven and, then again at the age of 20, being trapped in a bathroom by a large male patiently waiting for me outside the door. Needless to say, I’ve been traumatized by monkeys and held […]