Publicity and Articles
The Toucan Rescue Ranch has had the fortunate opportunity to host some of the internet’s most avid bloggers, photographers and publications. If you’re interested in viewing what other’s have experienced at the Ranch please review the links below:
- Tico Times | Sleep with Animals at Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Tap Root Travel | Breakfast with the Babies at the Toucan Rescue Ranch
- North to South | Toucan Rescue Ranch Review
- Samaritan Mag | Volunteer with Toucans and Sloths at Costa Rican Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Costa Rica Chica | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- An Emerald City Life | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- La Boruca | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- HLN | Wanna Adopt these Baby Toucans & Sloths? Us too!
- Adventures of Windarra | Toucan Rescue Ranch Day 2
- Thomson Blog | These Adorable Sloths Are Waiting For You In Costa Rica
- Orphaned Young Sloths Learn How to Climb with a Rocking Chair
- Insight Guides | Baby Sloth Orphans Rescued in Costa Rica
- BBC ONE, Nature | Saving the ‘wild pets’ of Costa Rica
- Leicester Mercury | ‘For our honeymoon we wanted to do something positive, rather than laze around on a beach’
- Round The World Magazine | Visiting the Toucan Rescue Ranch in Costa Rica
Are you a videographer and interested in filming some of Costa Rica’s most exoitic and beautiful animals? Toucan Rescue Ranch may be the place for you. The Ranch has had BBC One and National Geographic as well as other networks like HNL use footage or film of TRR’s wildlife. If you’re interested in filming with us please review the necessary documents to film at our rescue facility (you can access these documents by emailing email@example.com).
The Toucan Rescue Ranch has a monthly newsletter! If you want to stay in touch with the Ranch, the newsletter is the perfect way to do so. You can sign-up using the form below!
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep updated with the latest on TRR social media accounts! Social media is another great way to know what crowdfunding campaigns are happening. As well as new arrivals, releases, naming competitions, stories and much more!
Bowie, Male Two-Fingered Sloth Age: At least 9-months Place of Origin: Sarapiquí Current Weight: 1.2 kg Nickname: Bowie Special Abilities: Snuggling with Latte As one of the younger sloths, Bowie seeks comfort from the snuggly warmth of Latte, with whom he is almost always cuddling. Like Ringo, Bowie enjoys hitching a ride on Latte during […]
Chispa, Female Two-Fingered Sloth Age: 1-year, 3-months Place of Origin: Tortuguero Current Weight: 1.4 kg Nickname: Cheese Puff Special Talents: Sticking her tongue out and perhaps teleportation The only girl of the high school kids, Chispa (and definitely not Cheese Puff, as some people have confused her name for) sticks out among the babies […]
Female three-fingered sloths come into estrous, or heat, multiple times a year and boy, do they like to scream about it! When a female sloth is “in heat” and ready to breed she doesn’t wait for the males to come to her, she actively encourages them with high-pitched screams. The males will then follow the […]
Ringo, Male Two-Fingered Sloth Age: At least 7 months Current Weight: 1.1 kg Place of Origin: Puriscal Nicknames: Sonic, Wristwatch, Sniffles Special Talents: Clinging to his caretakers, casually doing the splits Ringo is one of the youngest sloths in the high school group. He frequently hangs on to Latte while happily watching over the other […]
Do you remember when we were fundraising for Emma the Otter? We had big dreams to build her a large otter habitat where she could swim, fish and run. Well, thanks to many generous donations, we finally have an otter aquarium right in the heart of the Toucan Rescue Ranch. All the staff and volunteers […]
A Grey Hawk's Journey When I came to the Ranch in July, there was a particularly special animal that immediately stole my heart. It was a grey hawk that was brought to us as a juvenile. His wings had been clipped. Someone tried to keep this incredible raptor as a pet and robbed him of […]