Help Wildlife with Toucan Rescue Ranch!
Welcome to Toucan Rescue Ranch's service program! Volunteers assist with daily activities such as providing proper diets to our various wildlife, as well as contributing to the overall success and culture of TRR. As a volunteer, you may also play a key role in other important activities such as assisting with animal husbandry, helping coordinate events for our education program, or working to improve animal enclosures and giving enrichment.
The duties of a volunteer are both fulfilling and rewarding!
Depending on the volunteer’s background and personality, they may be asked if they would like to help with other tasks. All volunteers are observed on how well they handle themselves around wildlife to determine further responsibility.
- Food preparations: chopping fruit and vegetables, cutting fish, preparing carnivorous diets
- Feeding: collecting and washing animal dishes, distributing food, and refilling water
- Cleaning: Enclosures, driveway, clinic kennels, prep areas, and outdoor kitchen
- General maintenance: assisting with enclosure repairs, yard work, organizing work areas, and so forth
WARNING: Volunteering is hard work! This job is fully outside (regardless of weather) and requires medium physical fitness. Get ready to have your hands dirty! Learn more about the various requirements and steps you need to take to become a volunteer at the Toucan Rescue Ranch!
Fill out our volunteer application form below!
You must check off all of these boxes to be eligible to volunteer at Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Be able to commit at least four weeks or at least 20 days of volunteering. A longer duration is preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a current tetanus vaccination (good for ten years)
- Must have two doses of Covid-19 vaccination
- International emergency medical insurance that covers you while volunteering.
- Willingness to get dirty, sweaty, tired, and work for wildlife
I'd Like to Apply!
If you’d like to be a volunteer, please complete the Google Form application. If you have any questions regarding the application process, you can email [email protected]. Once fully completed, please email it as an attachment to [email protected]. We will reply to your application inquiry within 1-week.
Please check your SPAM folder for any correspondence from our recruiters at [email protected]
If you are looking for an internship, please visit our Internship page.
Latest Volunteer News
Toucan Rescue Ranch’s dedication to wildlife goes beyond rescues and releases. We provide a lifelong home for many permanent residents who have found refuge in our sanctuary. Ensuring their health, happiness, and overall well-being is the biggest responsibility of our dedicated Animal Husbandry Intern. Caring for Permanent Residents Our Animal Husbandry Internship is a unique […]
Are you passionate about wildlife conservation and eager to make a difference in the lives of sloths? Our sloth rehab internship program offers a unique opportunity to acquire valuable skills and knowledge while actively contributing to the rehabilitation and care of these fascinating creatures. Let’s dive into what you can gain from this enriching experience. […]