Welcome to Toucan Rescue Ranch's service program! Volunteers and interns are vital to helping TRR achieve our goals. Volunteers assist with daily activities such as providing proper diets to our various wildlife, as well as contributing to the overall success and culture of TRR. Interns are given a special opportunity to learn more in their field while assisting TRR in achieving its mission. You may also play a key role in other important activities such as being a tour guide, helping coordinate events for our education program, assisting with marketing and administrative duties, or working to improve animal enclosures and giving enrichment.
The duties of a volunteer are both fulfilling and rewarding!
Depending on the volunteer’s background and personality, they may be asked if they would like to help with other tasks. All volunteers are observed on how well they handle themselves around wildlife to determine further responsibility.
- Food preparations: chopping fruit and vegetables, cutting fish, preparing carnivorous diets
- Feeding: collecting and washing animal dishes, distributing food and refilling water
- Cleaning: Enclosures, driveway, clinic kennels, prep areas, and outdoor kitchen
- General maintenance: assisting with enclosure repairs, yardwork, organizing work areas, and so forth
WARNING: Volunteering is hard work! This job is fully outside (regardless of weather) and requires medium physical fitness. Get ready to have your hands dirty! Learn more about the various requirements and steps you need to take to become a volunteer at the Toucan Rescue Ranch!
You must check off all of these boxes to be eligible to volunteer at Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Be able to commit at least 4-weeks to volunteering. A longer duration is preferred.
- Must be 18-years or older
- Have a current tetanus vaccination
- International emergency medical insurance while volunteering
- Willingness to get dirty, sweaty, tired, and work for wildlife
I'd Like to Apply!
If you’d like to be a volunteer, please complete the Google Form application. If you have any questions regarding the application process you can email email@example.com. Once fully completed, please email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your application inquiry within 1-week.