Help Wildlife with Toucan Rescue Ranch!
Welcome to Toucan Rescue Ranch's service program! Volunteers assist with daily activities such as providing proper diets to our various wildlife, as well as contributing to the overall success and culture of TRR. As a volunteer, you may also play a key role in other important activities such as assisting with animal husbandry, helping coordinate events for our education program, or working to improve animal enclosures and giving enrichment.
The duties of a volunteer are both fulfilling and rewarding!
Depending on the volunteer’s background and personality, they may be asked if they would like to help with other tasks. All volunteers are observed on how well they handle themselves around wildlife to determine further responsibility.
- Food preparations: chopping fruit and vegetables, cutting fish, preparing carnivorous diets
- Feeding: collecting and washing animal dishes, distributing food, and refilling water
- Cleaning: Enclosures, driveway, clinic kennels, prep areas, and outdoor kitchen
- General maintenance: assisting with enclosure repairs, yard work, organizing work areas, and so forth
WARNING: Volunteering is hard work! This job is fully outside (regardless of weather) and requires medium physical fitness. Get ready to have your hands dirty! Learn more about the various requirements and steps you need to take to become a volunteer at the Toucan Rescue Ranch!
Fill out our volunteer application form below!
You must check off all of these boxes to be eligible to volunteer at Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Be able to commit at least 4-weeks or at least 20 days of volunteering. A longer duration is preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have a current tetanus vaccination
- International emergency medical insurance that covers you while volunteering.
- Willingness to get dirty, sweaty, tired, and work for wildlife
I'd Like to Apply!
If you’d like to be a volunteer, please complete the Google Form application. If you have any questions regarding the application process you can email [email protected]. Once fully completed, please email as an attachment to [email protected]. We will reply to your application inquiry within 1-week.
If you are looking for an internship please visit our Internship page.
Latest Volunteer News
This year, the focus of Mental Health Week is nature. Why? We believe that, especially after this year, we can all understand the reason. If we didn’t before, we now appreciate nature more than ever since the pandemic hit earlier last year.
After lockdowns, closing of businesses, curfews, and all together separation of our normal lives, many of us took to the outdoors and daily walks outside for comfort…