3rd Annual Call for Artists Fundraiser
We need an Education Center for our Release Site Location:
Our Release Site is located on the Caribbean slope where you will find a lot of the country’s farmland, agriculture, and rich biodiversity! Most of the rescued animals that Toucan Rescue Ranch receives are from this area and fall victim to human-animal conflict including electrocutions, car accidents, agrochemicals, and loss of habitat. The new education center will focus on educating the local community on the importance of preserving biodiversity by mitigating these human-animal conflicts.
When farmers can avoid conflicts with wildlife in the first place, they can focus more on the work at hand and the animals can be protected. When dogs and cats are kept away from sloths and other wild animals, it can save them both a trip to the vet. A win-win for everyone!
The education center will be an amazing place to host schools, families, and other larger groups! In addition to implementing important conservation strategies, we aim to inspire young minds to carry a deep love for nature with them for the rest of their lives!
$13,000 is Needed
We spend $13,000 to build an education center for our sister location in Sarapiqui, Costa Rica. This facility will help us with community outreach and provide conservation education to the region.
Who will Benefit
The education center will also be an amazing place to host schools, families, and other larger groups! In addition to implementing important conservation strategies, we also hope to inspire young minds to carry a deep love for nature with them for the rest of their lives!
Why an Education Center
Most of the animals that Toucan Rescue Ranch receives are victims of some kind of human-animal conflict. Electrocutions, car accidents, agrochemicals, loss of habitat, the illegal pet trade, and domestic pets wreak havoc on Costa Rican wildlife.
The Impact of Call for Artists
In 2020, Toucan Rescue Ranch lead its 2nd annual Call for Artists crowdfunding campaign. During that year’s efforts, we raised $10,799 with 163 donors from all over the world to help us regain our footing and care for animals in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic! Our goal this year is $13,000 and we know you can help us get there!
Art Submission Guidelines
CALL FOR ARTISTS’ RULES:
- You may only submit ONE (1) piece of artwork.
- The submission period 🕦 ENDS AUGUST 3rd AT 9:00 P.M. CST.
- The artwork must follow the theme of 🌎“OUR WILD WORLD”
- There will be a 17 and under youth category and an 18 and over adult category.
- Each category will be eligible to win the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes, for a total of 6 winners!
- If you are under 18: you will need permission from a parent or guardian to submit your artwork.
- Only artwork submitted through our submission form will be considered for this contest.
- 🚫 No photography will be accepted as art submissions. We have a separate campaign for photography, so follow us on social media to learn more about TRR Share Your Shot!
For the Donors
💸 $1.00 donated = 1 VOTE. The minimum donation is $5.
To VOTE for a submission:
- Include the name of the artwork you are voting for when checking out here.
- Donations MUST be made on this page
- The artwork that receives the MOST VOTES by the end of the voting period ⌛ August 12 at 7:00 p.m. Costa Rican Time, 9 pm EST is the WINNER!
We will keep you updated regularly about updates!
CALL FOR ARTISTS’ RULES:
- You may only submit ONE piece of artwork.
- The submission period 🕦 ENDS MAY 15 AT 11:59 P.M. COSTA RICAN TIME.
- The artwork must follow the theme of 🐵“YOUR WISH FOR WILDLIFE”
- A parent must submit your artwork if you are a minor with all the necessary information.
- Only artwork submitted through EMAIL will be considered a part of this contest.
- 🚫 No photography as art submissions.
If there are any questions left, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!Donate Now