Publicity and Articles
The Toucan Rescue Ranch has had the fortunate opportunity to host some of the internet’s most avid bloggers, photographers and publications. If you’re interested in viewing what other’s have experienced at the Ranch please review the links below:
- Tico Times | Sleep with Animals at Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Tap Root Travel | Breakfast with the Babies at the Toucan Rescue Ranch
- North to South | Toucan Rescue Ranch Review
- Samaritan Mag | Volunteer with Toucans and Sloths at Costa Rican Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Costa Rica Chica | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- An Emerald City Life | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- La Boruca | Toucan Rescue Ranch
- HLN | Wanna Adopt these Baby Toucans & Sloths? Us too!
- Adventures of Windarra | Toucan Rescue Ranch Day 2
- Thomson Blog | These Adorable Sloths Are Waiting For You In Costa Rica
- Orphaned Young Sloths Learn How to Climb with a Rocking Chair
- Insight Guides | Baby Sloth Orphans Rescued in Costa Rica
- BBC ONE, Nature | Saving the ‘wild pets’ of Costa Rica
- Leicester Mercury | ‘For our honeymoon we wanted to do something positive, rather than laze around on a beach’
- Round The World Magazine | Visiting the Toucan Rescue Ranch in Costa Rica
Are you a videographer and interested in filming some of Costa Rica’s most exoitic and beautiful animals? Toucan Rescue Ranch may be the place for you. The Ranch has had BBC One and National Geographic as well as other networks like HNL use footage or film of TRR’s wildlife. If you’re interested in filming with us please review the necessary documents to film at our rescue facility (you can access these documents by emailing email@example.com).
The Toucan Rescue Ranch has a monthly newsletter! If you want to stay in touch with the Ranch, the newsletter is the perfect way to do so. You can sign-up using the form below!
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep updated with the latest on TRR social media accounts! Social media is another great way to know what crowdfunding campaigns are happening. As well as new arrivals, releases, naming competitions, stories and much more!
HELP THE TOUCAN RESCUE RANCH With Custom Ink by purchasing this limited time t-shirt! The Toucan Rescue Ranch is hosting an online t-shirt fundraiser with Custom Ink! Buy this exclusive #Papayaislife t-shirt while supporting TRR! Fundraiser is open for a limited time! And YES, there is international shipping (prices may vary)! By purchasing this t-shirt […]
Blog entry written by Sam Trull of The Sloth Institute A Saving Sloths Together project update: Sloths are best known for their chill demeanor high up in the trees. My personal favorite pastime is to watch them scratch their faces while hanging upside down from their feet with such skillful ease. It brings you to […]
Blog entry written by Founder and sloth-mom Leslie Howle: I just experienced one of the worst sloth rescues. I received a call from Janet, our chief veterinarian, about a mother sloth with a baby being viciously attacked by dogs in San Rafael of Heredia — about half an hour from the Toucan Rescue Ranch (TRR). […]
Stevie, Female 2-Fingered Sloth “I’m a gonna bite ya!” Age: ~ One year Current Weight: 2.9 kg Place of Origin: Guápiles Nickname: Chomps Jr. Special Talents: Singing karaoke Stevie is the youngest of the current sloth high school lineup. She is perhaps one of the hardest sloths to tell apart among the roster given her […]
Bilbo, Male 2-Fingered Sloth “Don’t worry, man, everything’s cool.” Age: ~ One year and two months (probably a few months older) Current Weight: 4 kg Place of Origin: Jacó Nickname: Sasquatch Special Talents: Being pretty chill, we’ve hung out a few times actually In a world of aggressive, bite-y baby sloths, Bilbo is the peacemaker. […]
For the Love of Sloths Toucan Rescue Ranch (TRR) and The Sloth Institute of Costa Rica (TSI) came together to form Saving Sloths Together, a nationwide project seeking to provide greater opportunity for orphaned, rescued and rehabilitated sloths in Costa Rica. Their purpose: to facilitate the medical care, enrichment, and nurturing of skills sloths need […]